Lectures will cover the following topics:
- Media convergence and online journalism and changes that have occurred in mass media under the influence of the Internet – participatory journalism, authorship, plagiarism, journal ethics, hate speech and fake news;
- Digitalization of heritage in general and digitalization of media contents as part of Croatian heritage;
- New tools provided to journalists by information and communication technology, such as machine translation, information search and valuation, mobile journalism;
- The role of social network in journalism, Internet addiction, cultural aspects and awareness of Internet usage, media literacy in the era of information technology.
- Use of machine translation as a tool in contemporary journalism
- Digital processing of image and sound for new journalistic practice
- Mobile journalism
- Multimedia news production for radio,
- Technology in contemporary television journalism,
- Analysis of online social networks with Node XL.
Promotion of Proceedings 2016: The Proceedings of the Summer School „Information Technology and Media” held in 2016, will be promoted by editor in chief Ljubica Josić, assistant professor, and reviewers.
Round Table in the City Library of Zadar on False News, Interactive Communication and Ethics in Contemporary Journalism.
Doctoral colloquium: For doctoral students attending the Summer School a doctoral colloquium will be organized where they will present their doctoral theses. The Summer School lecturers and students will discuss with the candidates their hypotheses, methodology, the chosen topic and eventual new topics based on lectures and researches presented within the Summer School.
Visit to the RTV Centre Zadar: demonstration of new communication technology and its application in the media – 29th August, 2017.