The University of Zadar (Department of Classical Philology and Department of Information Sciences), in cooperation with the Centre de Recherches Interdisciplinaires et Transculturelles (C.R.I.T.) from the Université de Franche-Comté (Besançon) and the NooJ association are glad to invite you to the 17th NooJ International Conference 2023 will be held on May 31st – June 2nd, 2023 in Zadar (Croatia).
- Give NooJ users the opportunity to meet and share their experience as developers, researchers and teachers
- Present the latest linguistic resources, Digital Humanities experiments and NLP applications developed with NooJ
- Offer researchers and graduate students a tutorial to help them parse corpora and build NLP applications with NooJ
- Provide the occasion to present and discover the recent developments of NooJ itself (v5)
Topics of interest
- Linguistic Resources: Typography, Spelling, Syllabification, Phonemic and Prosodic Transcription, Morphology, Lexical Analysis, Local Syntax, Structural Syntax, Transformational Analysis, Paraphrase Generation, Semantic Annotations, Semantic Analysis.
- Digital Humanities: Corpus Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Literature Studies, Second-Language Teaching, Narrative content analysis, Corpus processing for the Social Sciences.
- Natural Language Processing Applications: Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Text Generation. Language Teaching Software, Automatic Paraphrasing, Machine Translation, etc.
Further information about the conference can be found at https://conference.unizd.hr/noojconference/. You can also contact the organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information.
We invite the submission of abstracts in English until January 29th, 2023. The abstracts should contain the title, name, institution and email of the author(s). Abstracts should not exceed one page (length between 300 and 600, references not included). words, and should be sent via Abstract Submission System.
The scientific committee will review all proposals and authors will be given notice of acceptance of their papers no later than March 1st, 2023. All papers must be original and cannot simultaneously be presented to another journal or conference.
- Abstract submission: January 29th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: March 1st, 2023
- Camera-ready abstract submission: March 20th, 2023
- Early Registration: until April 15th, 2023
- Selected papers submission: September 13th, 2023
A selection of the papers presented at the 17th NooJ International Conference 2023 will be published by Springer Verlag in their CCIS Series (Communication in Computer and Information Sciences). CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings. Instructions for the camera-ready papers are provided by Springer [zip file]. Deadline for submission of full camera-ready papers is September 13th, 2023.
All camera-ready abstracts will be included in the “NooJ 2023 Book of Abstracts”. The deadline for the submission of the final version of abstracts is March 20th, 2023.